Moy Valley Resources IRD
IRD North Mayo West Sligo LTD trading as Moy Valley Resources IRD is a not for profit registered charity and was established to facilitate the economic and social development of the Moy Valley Region in Mayo and Sligo.
“Our mission is to assist in the development of the Moy Valley Region in North Mayo and West Sligo by supporting community groups, community projects, local enterprises and individuals through the provision of services, expertise, information, advocacy and by working in partnership with other agencies and organisations”
The main objectives of Moy Valley Resources are to:
- Provide services to the local communities in the areas of social inclusion, enterprise development and training, for the people of the Moy Valley Region.
- Development and support of services for the elderly and marginalized groups in the Moy Valley Region
- Assist in job creation and income enhancement by providing support for small & medium enterprises, encouraging an enterprise culture within the communities of the region.
Moy Valley Resources has accomplished some exemplary community development projects in the Moy Valley Region since its inception such as:
- Redevelopment of the buildings on the Quay in Ballina from a derelict site to a thriving community centre and retail centre supporting over 20 jobs.
- Rejuvenation and urban renewal of the Greenhills area through the development of the Greenhills Enterprise Quarter with retail, commercial and community facilities.
- Founding and establishing of the Mayo Volunteer Centre.
The company was set up by a group of local business people and social partners of the regions main town, Ballina. The partnership binds together ten local communities of Ballina, Bonniconlon, Ballycastle, Crossmolina, Enniscrone, Foxford, Killala, Easkey, Dromore West and Templeboy.
Moy Valley Resources IRD Registered Charity No: CHY 11204